Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Random Rainbow :-)


WHOA!! When I saw this sketch challenge designed by N@ Ali on retro sketches #16, I knew I had to give it a try! I thought about it for 3 days and tried to some up with something unique but I loved the first sample by N@Ali with the rainbow of colors and was completely drawn to it. Here is the sketch and my card...

I love doing this watercolor background and I thought it would work well with this card. I know it looks like I just randomly added elements to this card but I really did try to put some thought into placing them! :) To stamp the sentiment I used the baby wipe technique and made my own rainbow stamp pad. This was such a fun challenge and really made me think outside my box! :) I was thinking about who I was going to give this to....And I think I am giving it to MYSELF!! (It would be too expensive to mail anyway!! LOL! )
Thanks for stopping by!!

Aimee

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful card! I love your "random" rainbow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! I loved the name "random rainbow" that ou used so much that I changed my blog post name! Thanks again!!

      Delete
  2. Stunning! Absolutely beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love how you added watercolour to the background - takes this crazy sketch to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your watercolor background! Thank you for playing along at RetroSketches ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS creation Aimee - just stunning - LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This rocks big time!!! Did you watercolour on white gloss paper or on watercolour paper?? It just looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Shimmery White CS. I have tried ither but liked this the best. Thanks Alison!

      Delete