Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

First Day of Fall

I am posting a little later tonight, but I am so excited to share the card I have made for the Mojo Monday #259 Challenge and the Friday Mashup Challenge #77. I have been joining in on several CAS challenges and this challenge is more layers and more details. I have been thinking about this for several days and was happy when the card looked like what I had imagined! :) Here are the challenge guidlelines:
The Friday Mashup we are to 1. Create and Indian Summer Project or 2. Create a project using 3 of the following: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Raspberry Ripple, or More Mustard. or 3. Mash it up and Do both!
Here is my card...
 
I tried to use some things I had not used in a while or ever. I decided to use River Rock, Cajun Craze, Lucky Limeade (because I am addicted!), and Early Espresso. I NEVER use River Rock and I thought it would make a great base for this card. I used the En Francis background stamp and inked it with River Rock. I then used Early Espresso and used the Rock and Roll method but basically in selective areas of the background stamp. I then used sponge doubers to darken the edges to make the details of the card stand out a bit more.
The part of he card I was most excited about was how the Paper Doily turned out. It was a little bigger than I wanted so I trimmed off the outer layer. This was much easier to do than what I thought it was going to be. When I layer it with the First Edition DSP it need a bit more color. So I tried something that I had never tried before. I used the negative pieces from a Paper Doily cut with Lucky Limeade and Cajun Craze to add some color detail to the doily. I know it sounds tedious and time consuming, but it really wasn't! It was similar to the "fussy cutting." I just needed a little patience. To me, it was well worth the effort. Here is a closer look...
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look! Have a great weekend!! :)
Aimee
 

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this card that's filled with so many lovely details! Those wooden buttons are great as is the woodgrain EF (just had SU stamp club meeting this morning and we used that folder on the Core-dinations paper). Thanks for playing along at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! What great detail!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that doily looks amazing with those added coloured pieces - like a stained glass window! Must try that effect when I get that die! All round, a fabulous creation! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of colors!! I love the doily , the texture and all the embellishments you added to your card. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job using different elements to create this stunning card!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Filling the negative spaces with the "throw-away" pieces was genious. That sure dolled up your doily! I must try this next time! Your card is simply fall-tastic!

    ReplyDelete