Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Sunny Sunflower

I made this thank you card for my mom to give to her boss. He loves sunflowers and is encouraging a contest at work between employees to grow Sunflowers from seeds. Mom wanted to give him a special "thank-you" and I thought this would be a great card for him...

I used the Blossom Petals Punch to make the petals and curled them a bit with my bone folder. I also used the Square Lattice Impressions folder to give a little texture to the center of the flower. I put the flower together before adhering it to the front of the card. Once it was together I sprayed it heavily with a shimmer mist that I made by adding Shimmer Paint to rubbing alcohol. It is a little hard to see in the picture but it does "shine."
 
 The sentiment is from the stamp set Perfectly Penned. I added some Early Espresso Ink with the Color Spritzer tool...one of my favorite finishing touches!
Have a great FRIDAY!
Aimee
 

2 comments:

  1. Aimee, I have spent the last half-hour perusing your blog and am so happy to have stumbled across it! You are seriously talented! I love your style and how you seem to nail every detail on each of your cards! I am hapy to be your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Jennifer! Thanks so much for your kind words! I love Stampin' Up! and everything about it! I love to share new techniques and ideas. I look forward to hearing from you again. You have made my day! :-)

      Delete