Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

All Dressed Up!!

I am back from a great time at the Lansing Regional Stampin' Up! Event. It was so much fun to spend the day with friends. This was the first event for my wonderful friend, Patty, and she is excited to go again! I have some exciting news to share but I am going to wait until tomorrow because it will fit better with that post. (Just a bit of a teaser..hehe!)
I saw so many creative people that had done so much with the Holiday Collection Framelits. I have struggled with these a bit so i thought I would give it a go for today's challenge card. I decided to the the RetroSketches #37 challenge this week.
 
This little gingerbread is so cute so I though I would dress him up and make him come alive. We have been watching Shrek at our house so i know it is possible for a gingerbread man to come alive! LOL! I thought the Googlies were just the right detail for him. My son LOVED this little guy when he saw him!
I also wanted to try to show you the difference it can make when you condition your stamps before using them. to condition my stamps I use a adhesive remover and rub all over the stamp. I feel safe doing it this way and do not worry about ruining my stamps. It really makes a big difference for a nice stamped image. I hope you can tell it in the picture.
 
before


After

Thanks for stopping by!
Aimee

3 comments:

  1. How sweet, love the googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee your gingerbread is so delightful. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-46.html

    ReplyDelete