Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fallen leaves


This card was made for the Freshly Made Sketches #59 using the colors from Color Me Beautiful. I missed the cut off for CMB. :( This was the first time I had made my own "real looking" leaves and I thought the CMB colors were perfect for making them.

The base of the card is Chocolate Chip and embossed with the square lattice folder. To make the leaves, I started with Summer Starfruit card stock and scored where the veins of the leaves would be. I then sponged on the other colors starting with Perfect Plum,Raspberry Ripple, then Chocolate chip. With this technique you can change the color of the leaves depending on how much of each color you add. I then used some home made shimmer mist to add some shine and while wet I srunched the leaf into a ball. I unfolded the leaf and added some Log Cabin Smooch Spritz. I learned this technique by watching a video by RaeDeen Bittner. Thanks RaeDeen for sharing!
Thanks for taking a peek!! :)
Aimee
 

7 comments:

  1. Love it, Aimee! Those leaves are an addiction, aren't they? I'm so sad you missed the cut-off time. :( Thanks for trying to play at CMB this week! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch. Love those leaves! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, Aimee. ;-) Those leaves are fantastic! I love the little button and twine on the side, along with the linen embossing - perfect touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness those leaves look so real! I actually thought they were until I read your post - gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aimee! Wow! Those leaves are gorgeous - they do look so real! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those leaves ARE real-looking. I would have thought they really were if you hadn't have said differently. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous mix of color, texture and life-like leaves! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete