Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Merry Monday Snowflakes

I am rushing to finish this post so I don't miss yet another Challenge deadline! I am joining in on the Merry Monday Sketch Challenge  this week. I love the idea of making Christmas cards all year long!! Here is my take on the sketch...

 
This was a fun card for me to make. I used the Festival Prints DSP from the SU! Holiday Catalog. I also made my own Very Vanilla Shimmer CS by spritzing the CS with my own Shimmer mist made with alcohol and Frost White Shimmer Paint. To make the snowflake I recently noticed that the second largest snowflake form Snowflake Soiree stamp set fits very nicely with the Blossom Punch. You may have figured this out already but it truly was a light bulb moment for me!! for the center of the snowflake I used the Boho Blossom punch and I sponged on the Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad.
I usually do not make Christmas cards with these colors but I was very happy with how this card turned out. Thanks for taking a peek!!
Aimee

 
Stamp Sets: Snowflake Soiree, Snow Swirled
Paper: Early Espresso, Bashful Blue, Island Indigo, Silver Glimmer Paper, Festival Prints DSP
Ink: Bashful Blue, Island Indigo. Versa mark, Illuminate Glimmer Watermark
Accessories: Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Bashful Blue brad
Tools: Blossom Punch, 3/4 circle punch,Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Boho Blossom Punch, Early Espresso EP

2 comments:

  1. I love that snowflake, Aimee! And thanks for the tip on making shimmer paper. Thanks too, for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete