Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Hello Baby....whale!

I am so excited to have some extra time to join some challenges! I decided to attempt a card for the Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge as well as the Paper Pal Arts Color challenge. Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue are two colors that are being retired with the new Color Refresh that Stampin' Up! will be introducing in the new 2013-2014 catalog. I am so excited they are bringing back several of my favorites!
Here is my card...


I have not used Circle Circus in a while and it is one of my favorite stamp sets ever! I love making my own paper that fits any color scheme that I want to use. I also used the whale from the retired Fox and Friends stamp set. I love to add the little details here and there like the Paper Piercing, Pearls, and of course a little ribbon.
Thanks for stopping and I hope you have a great day!!
 

7 comments:

  1. Circle Circus made a beautiful bubbly background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, your home made DSP with Circle Circus is delightful. I will have to CASE. Perfect baby boy card. Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super adorable. I love your stamped background as it makes whimsical water for your whale! I am so glad you joined our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO impressed with your Circle Circus background. It looks amazing! And your whale theme is precious. I have to comment about the color changes for SU too :D I am really psyched about Blushing Bride coming back! Yay! I'm so glad you played with the sketch at HSS. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORBS!! Thats all I can say, this card is practically perfect in every way! Thanks for sharing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's "whaley" cute, love it. Thanks for having fun with the PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! :) Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts! :)

    ReplyDelete